How to turn off require sign-in on wakeup in Windows Settings
Problem: The alarm sound does not play on the logon screen after sleep in Windows 10 or Windows 11.
To stop Windows 10 or Windows 11 from asking to sign in after resuming from sleep, use these steps:
Once you complete the steps, you'll no longer be required to enter a password after waking up Windows from sleep.
Windows 10 Settings
Windows 11 Settings
Verify that Free Alarm Clock is allowed to wake the computer
Learn how to allow your computer to be woken up when it's sleeping by timed events.
1. Open the Control Panel in the Start menu.
2. Open Power Options in the Control Panel.
3. Select Change plan settings next to the active power plan.
4. Select Change advanced power settings.
5. Select Change settings that are currently unavailable in the Power Options window.
6. Set Allow wake timers to Enable under Sleep and then click OK to save the changes.
Note: If the wakeup function still not working properly, try to update BIOS of your computer.
Note: Free Alarm Clock will not wake up your computer when the laptop lid is closed.
Download Free Alarm Clock
Installation Package (4.5 MB)
Hot Alarm Clock has everything you need to follow the time, no matter how complex your schedule is. You can set a single daily wakeup or configure multiple complex alarms triggering on certain days of weeks, calendar days, weeks, or months.
Alarms and timers, stopwatches and to-do list, birthday reminders, and just about anything you can imagine are readily available.
© 2010–2023 Comfort Software Group. All Rights Reserved.